Unknown Mine Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unknown Mine Crafters

Is 2020 the start of a new era for UMC?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!

Go down 
+5
Sypto
zxmantisxz
rtwire
yourface43
Sitharol
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What if we start a pay pal account, donate a monthly amount, cover the charges for a beta server.
yes, but i cant donate
WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Poll_left50%WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Poll_right
 50% [ 4 ]
[hr] yes, I would donate monthy
WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Poll_left50%WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Poll_right
 50% [ 4 ]
[hr]no
WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Poll_left0%WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Poll_right
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Sitharol

Sitharol

WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Empty
PostSubject: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:59 am

What if we start a pay pal account, donate a monthly amount, cover the charges for a beta server.[/code]... and start a beta sever, form a server council and run it together.
Back to top Go down
yourface43

yourface43

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:12 am

yeah sort of a problem.....no one get on here except a few people and i but yeah that would be cool
Back to top Go down
rtwire

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:27 am

Well how much money do you need?

~Rtwire
Back to top Go down
zxmantisxz

zxmantisxz

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:55 pm

I know it's not ideal, but why not start a free beta server?

Last edited by zxmantisxz on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sitharol

Sitharol

PostSubject: The thing about beta servers....   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:26 am

Well it could be a free server but we would have to get some one with super high internet speed and a mega awesome computer, that runs 24/7. Or else the server would be on and off.

If we all chip in for a (10 member server) we can all have a nice place to go to, and we can control who comes in and out. I think for a 10 member server the cost would not be to high. And we would not have to have only ten people, the difference in time zones would control that, plus some of us cant get on as much anyways....

I would not calculate more then 20 bucks or less per month and that would be a regular server, maybe one or two plugins for item protection...Not like we would need it since, we all respect each other.
Back to top Go down
Sypto
Admin
Sypto

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:44 am

Problem with a beta server is that it will need a freaking insane internet connection for us all to have a decent ping!
Back to top Go down
yourface43

yourface43

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:58 am

well while you have all been doing whatever for past month i got 6 tb hardrives and loads of space but i cant run a server
Back to top Go down
I ChoPPerZ I

I ChoPPerZ I

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:15 am

Hi.

I am not going to lie, so here is my opinion:

I have very good knowledge of beta servers. I can say to everyone that since minecraft is no longer in beta, it has been dragging players from classic. Latency improvements have been made, and are still being made. Hell I can even play on my server with a 3g connection, so through this I know minecraft isn't an issue lag wise if you just want to play it, and not host it. This is where server renting comes in place. I have been with the server business for 6 months now. I own, but not run a server. A hosting company does this for me.

And with this hosting company you can choose a selection of servers from around the world,

Los Angeles, CADallas, TXChicago, ILNew York City, NYToronto, ONLondon, UKFalkenstein, DE

By choosing this hosting company, Aim2Game. you have 100% control. you will have a control panel to use in browser and in worst cases, a brief downtime usually occurs once a month for memory upgrades ect. Their support is awesome and their prices affordable. I talk to their staff on teamspeak and I am amazed how dedicated they are at wanting to answer support tickets and provide live chat support.

You can find the server hosting company here

I can guarantee you server hosting will not be a problem if you choose this hosting company. I can handle or teach Sypto most technical sides of running beta servers.

Running the classic server wont be in the best interests for us, since classic is surely running out of fashion. The reason is because I look at the minecraft server list, and only see approximately 1000 players on it. That is very little compared to the hundreds of thousands playing The full release. Also think of the big minecraft update, due to be released next week, which will also encourage people to buy the game and move onto the full release.

There are also limits to what you can do or make in classic, in this case we like to build, yes? In classic you have very limited blocks, limited map size until it starts lagging like crazy. In the full release of minecraft you have stair blocks, half blocks, different coloured wood tones, and of course, much more. When some of us join big worlds on classic, it lags too much, so we cannot build. Since beta has worlds of unlimited size, Mojang decided to make it to where your minecraft client only loads chunks/blocks from where you stand, and not the whole world. You can also effectively change the amount of chunks that load to your client by changing the render distance. But the bad thing about Classic is that it only clouds all those rendered chunks with fog without unloading the chunks and releasing the stress out of your computer.

There are many client mods out there that make it easier for minecraft to run on your computer, such as Optifine

We all love to play minecraft, we like to build, and interact with others. We love to meet new players and of course the stuff I suggested is where you are going to get the most from. Good thing is if we move over, we can shape the server to whatever we want or like. If we want to make it a build server, we can have multiple flat worlds, unlimited size if you like. We can also disable PvP for certain areas, add region areas for really good builds. The possibilities are endless.

How beta servers get their players is through advertising. You can advertise the server on PlanetMinecraft.com, and minestatus.net. There are so many websites where you CAN get rewarded for being a great server. This is done by voting. The more your players like the server, the more they vote. OR I could set up a plugin for the server which listens for votes on a website which rewards players with a configurable amount of money or items if they vote.

My sister (Jelboine) who you may remember as a veteran rank has my old netbook, its hers and she plays beta minecraft on it. Since minecraft 1.0 lag both client side and internet side have reduced by 80%. That Optifine mod I was talking about has really helped and she barely uses the mod any more!

Classic server software such as FCraft is good, but limited just like classic itself. I'm not saying it's going to be easy, but we can really make something out of our community, which has stayed with UMC for over a year, which I think is awesome.

Sypto, I understand the reasons you prefer classic to beta, but boy it has changed since we last heard from you! If you ever get the time just hop on our teamspeak so I can show you more things about minecraft. If you don't have it you can download it from here.

When you download and install it you will need to log in with the following details: 85.236.100.27:11697

If you get java fixed you could connect to my server for a tour if you wanted to. Just join with this IP: terracrafters.uk.to

Thanks Sypto and all the best,

Chopperz
Back to top Go down
http://terracrafters.co.uk
yourface43

yourface43

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:27 am

chopz your one for long ass speeches
Back to top Go down
zxmantisxz

zxmantisxz

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 12:35 pm

Choppah Zee made some very compelling points. though I thought having a beta server was a good idea from the start, so I'll probably agree with most of the things that people say, so long as it's in favor of beta.
Back to top Go down
yourface43

yourface43

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:18 pm

i just wanna get on a dang server
Back to top Go down
zxmantisxz

zxmantisxz

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:40 pm

terracrafters.uk.to
Back to top Go down
rtwire

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:51 pm

Well I agree with ChoP and the fact is that is it no problem to give out money to start up and run the server.
Currently I am willing to donate 500$ for a lag free/some plugins/awesome server. And more after the server is running, and needs more money to keep running. For me anything is possable.
Just look, this forum your on, it was bare like a waste land. In just 60 or so words, it sprung in to life. After a year or so of being dead.
And if you feel not right for taking my money, don't I am queit rich, I use to hack bank accounts, with 5 of my friends. BUT I STOPPED!
dont' go telling anybody! xD
But back to the main subject, I trust my live with you having little to no lag on a beta server, if we ever host one.
~Rtwire~

(Blood Falcon)
Back to top Go down
Sitharol

Sitharol

PostSubject: chopper.....and the rest    WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:54 pm

I understand that chopper has a great deal of experience with servers, but optimally his way wont suit us. My idea of a beta server only calls for a simple 10 slot server that is not open to the public. This server wont be flooded with massive amounts of plugins and nor strangers that will grief our worlds.

I would like a basic server, two worlds (Adventure and Creative). The server would have simple plugins like locks and some admin power plugins. This would make it fun for everyone...we will keep to the fundamentals, yet allow the pixie and other types of artist an area to work in.

If we let the flood gates open, we will have to always be on patrol and not enjoy the game. Really would you all want to go on an adventure with sypto...or be telling some noobies to stop griefing and getting mad because they are being babies.

This server would be a home for us...a gathering place where we all come together to play with each other instead of wasting time baby sitting others.

Indeed, we would have to have some admin, but I am sure we are all mature that we can respect each other. Plus if it gets boring, we can always set up server events among each other...who would not want to see the MIGHTY SYPTO vs, The INVINCIBLE SITHAROL, in battle or just a simple build off.

I suggested that we pay for a server just because it would the best option to give everyone a chance to play. There wont be fear that the server host's computer is slow or that his net dropped.

To be honest, I think 10 slots is more than enough...arent we just trying to have a place to hang or are we trying to service a server?
Back to top Go down
yourface43

yourface43

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:16 am

i agree with sitharol no offense chopz but hes sort of right i would rather catch up with sypto then be bossed around like on your server
Back to top Go down
I ChoPPerZ I

I ChoPPerZ I

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Sitharol, you have a good point about having a small server, and what do you mean by "his way wont suit us" ? However, we should not close our new beta server to the public since smaller sized servers will attract a more mature audience. And of course, as I suggested before, we love to meet new people and socialize with them. I have played on smaller servers, which initially started off at 15 player slots, then had risen to an insane amount of slots and became a nightmare, because the administrators never knew how to manage it. All of the good mature players left, because of the server going big too soon, and filling up with "noobies".

_________

Quote :
i would rather catch up with sypto then be bossed around like on your server

I would imagine anyone else that knows me and has played on my server knows that is not true.

You felt bossed around because you did nothing but raid other players and parties simply because "PvP" was enabled? I told you to stop, because it was getting out of hand. And because of this, you started complaining about how everyone turned against you. You basically created loop holes through our rules so they had to be stopped. You were not bossed around, you were simply told off. You were driving the players which were the glue of this server, away.

UMC, doesn't need it's admin continously disagreeing with eachother. If you are still going to hold your grudge against me, then I say it's time for one of us to leave.

-
ChoP

Back to top Go down
yourface43

yourface43

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:18 am

jesus chopz it was a figure of speech calm your butt the only one i had problems with was green and raided everyone?!? i was diomand mining the whole time XD
Back to top Go down
yourface43

yourface43

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:20 am

and im free to express my opinion as much as i want to and yes in my opinion your not such a great leader and you get very bossy if you got a problem then deal with it bro dont just bitch on about it like the owner cause your not anymore I love you
Back to top Go down
yourface43

yourface43

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:30 am

and you really need to suck it up man im not holding a grudge against you tbh idc about what happened thats old news so quit being a nerd about it and be happy that sypto has his server back up and yes im sorry for being a dick then and now but thats how i am and i hope we can all overlook this in the future confused
Back to top Go down
Sitharol

Sitharol

PostSubject: yourface....calm down   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 1:58 pm

Yourface, Chopper's message was not intended for you, even if it was your quote.

Chopper, if you want to manage a server and meet new people then you should keep running your server. So far your server has done good for the last few months, and I am glad you have kept it going. Now, as to this server...the point of opening it was because we want to have a place to hang out. We all had a blast building together and etc...it started to become a chore when all we did was monitor, ban, and babysit others. Even, in your server, you still have to constantly monitor your players, resolve issues and etc. When was the last time you sat down and actually played minecraft as it was intended to be played?

If we are really gonna go threw with this and service a server then we should charge the new players a joining fee and upkeep costs. If we want a server were we can all play and not worry about all the problems that come with hosting a server, then we open a small server just for us, or we go back to classic to avoid this costs...

Chopper you make good points, but like i said, it does not suit us. If we want to meet new people there are so many servers out there we can join. But, if we want a place to come together like the old days, then a private server is the way to go (or classic, which wont be private, but we can arrange it to fit our needs). The messages from out friends are clear, they are not looking for a server they can administer.....they want a server where we can all play together.
Back to top Go down
yourface43

yourface43

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 2:07 pm

may be a bad time but sith you made a grammar mistake don't mean to be a grammar nazi but just pointing that out XD LOL
Back to top Go down
Sitharol

Sitharol

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 2:11 pm

dude, i just got out of work....you work 15 hours and not make grammer mistakes.....You ass!
Back to top Go down
yourface43

yourface43

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 2:18 pm

love you to Wink
Back to top Go down
yourface43

yourface43

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 2:20 pm

to be quite honest that's as close to a compliment I've gotten all week.
Back to top Go down
I ChoPPerZ I

I ChoPPerZ I

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 3:01 am

Umad? Yourface?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!   WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHAT IF.....HEAR ME OUT!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next